I’m a professional bass player with 12 years of experience on the instrument, an MMus in Ethnomusicology (Distinction) from SOAS and a BMus in Popular Music Performance (1:1) from BIMM London. I am currently pursuing a PhD at SOAS, getting to know music and cultures from all over the world to expand both my knowledge and musical skills.
I have been teaching for a while now, passing down my knowledge to young students and adults alike. The lessons are customized to meet the needs and interests of every student, focusing on the basics you need to grow as a musician but never forgetting the fun side of playing. I also provide teaching resources and material for your learning needs, and have a purpose built home studio where parents are welcome to audit. I also teach composition and music technology in primary schools with MTech Education. DBS checked.
My passion for music and years of hard work brought me many achievements:
– MMus in Ethnomusicolgy (Distinction)
– BMus Music Performance degree (1:1)
– Level 6 LLCM bass performance certificate
– Partial scholarship for the Berklee College of Music
– Regular gigs in the Uk and overseas, especially in Italy
– Performances and recording sessions with Pinguini Tattici Nucleari (5 certified platinum, 9 certified golds), Madame (1 certified platinum, 3 certified gold), Gemini Trio, Aditi Ramesh, Alide and Yvonne Hercules.
– Performances in some of Europe’s most celebrated venues: O2 Academy in Islington, O2 Shepherd’s Bush Empire, Atlantico (Rome), Bush Hall, Under the Bridge Chelsea, The Ned, Park Plaza Hotels, White City House, Carroponte.
A bit of me: