Callum started playing drums at the age of 10 and started gigging regularly around the UK in his early teens. With his love for all different styles of music, Callum moved to London in 2015 to expend his musical language and network.
From 2015-2018, Callum took on a Bmus (Degree) in Popular Music performance at BIMM London/London College of Music. In 2019 he will start his Jazz Mmus at the Guildhall School of Music and Drama.
Being a performer and gigging regularly is something that Callum has loved from a young age. But as of recent years, Callum’s growth and passion for teaching and sharing knowledge in drumming is something he deeply believes in and values to his skills as a musician.
Callum’s extensive drive and passion for music has seen him achieve;
– Scholarship for Masters at the Guildhall School of Music and Drama.
– Music Performance (undergrad) Degree (Bmus)
– Trinity Guildhall Drum Kit grades 1-8.
– Music and Tech A level,Music GCSE and BTEC level 2.
– Regularly Gigs all over the UK and Overseas
– Performed in landmarks such as; The Shard, Tower Bridge and The Globe. Aswell as venues such as; Under the Bridge Chelsea, Camden Roundhouse, The 02 Academy Islington and Shepherds Bush Empire.
- Played with Motown 60’s Girls group The Velvelettes at the Whitby Motown weekender.
– Attends weekly London Jam nights including the Ronnie Scotts late show.
-Has a small drum studio in West London for teaching and practising.
– Study/Studied under some Londons top musicians and drummers. Also with international drummer; Ralph Rolle from Chic.
-A massive passion and love for teaching and sharing information.
If you would like lessons with Callum please get in touch on 07775446342 or email email@example.com.
‘Callum Smith is a young man that has a deep passion for drumming….Callum’s future as a musician is a bright one. I expect great things from this young man. He is truly on the path that is solid.’
Ralph Rolle (Chic, D’angelo, Sting, Prince…) Nov 2017